To submit your abstract, click here!
A. General Policies
- Abstracts must be submitted in English before February 19th, 2018.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent to presenting authors the latest by March 12th, 2018. Scheduling details and instructions for oral and poster presentations will be included with this correspondence.
- One of the authors whose abstract is accepted must register for the Congress by March 26th, 2018 (early fees will still apply). Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the program and no publication in the book of abstracts.
- Only the name of the presenting author will appear in the final Congress program.
- Only one presenter per free communication is allowed.
- Previously published work will not be reviewed.
- Submissions not conforming to established guidelines will not be reviewed.
B. Abstract Content
Abstracts will include the following sections:
- Objectives – stating concisely why the study was conducted;
- Methods – indicating the location, number and type of human/nonhuman subjects;
- Results – confirming or refuting the hypothesis, supported by statistics if appropriate;
- Conclusions – stating the effect of the study on patient management, on our understanding of basis processes within the organism or the way in which we teach students or patients. Abstracts stating merely that the results will be presented or discussed are considered uninformative and will be subject to rejection.
C. Submission Procedures
Authors must submit their abstracts online.
Abstract Submission Instructions:
- Click the link above (when it will be available) to enter the system.
- If you have already registered to the conference, log into the system with your email and password. If this is the first time you are attending EPNV, please click « Create your account here ». This account will also be valid for your registration!
- Click « Add » next to « All topics ».
- Enter the title of the abstract, your preferred presentation method (oral, poster or either), and the details of your co-authors. Click « Proceed ».
- Enter your abstract. Max. words: 250
- Click Proceed and review the abstract submitted.
- Click « Submit » to submit your abstract.
- You can now close the window. An automatic confirmation of abstract submission will be sent to you. Please check your spam folder as well!
Correspondence: all correspondence concerning the abstract will be sent to the presenting author. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reassign submissions.
D. Abstract Format
- Abstract title must be in CAPITAL letters. Do not indent. Title should be concise and indicate the content of the abstract.
- Abstract text must be single-spaced and justified at the left margin only. Do not leave blank lines between paragraphs.
- Text must fit within the borders of the box (maximum 300 words).
- The use of tables, graphs and other types of images in abstracts is discouraged. Should you need to add tables and figures please upload them at the same time as the abstract submission.
- Use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full term the first time it appears.
- Proofread carefully before submitting. Abstracts will not be edited.